For our third-annual PA Donor Day, we’re challenging Pennsylvanians to come together to support organ and tissue donation and help create a unifying moment across the state where we all work to educate and encourage our family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and others to register as organ donors. Help us reach our goal of 5 million Pennsylvanians registered!
Knowing that just 1 person can save up to 8 lives as an organ donor, PA Donor Day will take place on January 8, 2022 (1/8/2022) and encourage Pennsylvanians to take just a moment to register, knowing they could someday save someone’s life.
PEOPLE IN PENNSYLVANIA ARE STILL WAITING FOR THEIRS
Your decision to join us will have a momentous impact on the lives of so many Pennsylvanians, many who work or live in your community. Please join us!
Want to Get Involved?
Even if you’re already a registered donor, there are plenty of ways for you to participate. Download the partner toolkit or creative assets at the bottom of the page, or see below for just a few ideas to get started:
- Register to be an organ and tissue donor and encourage your friends, family and coworkers to do the same.
- Read up and help debunk common myths and misconceptions around organ and tissue donation.
- Spread the word about the importance of organ and tissue donation with your friends and family.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Share a post on social media about why organ and tissue donation is important to you – make sure to include #PADonorDay and tag us @DonateLifePennsylvania!
- Donate to the Governor Robert P. Casey Memorial Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Trust Fund.
- Ask your employer to recognize and hold a PA Donor Day virtual event or send a simple email to your colleagues letting them know about the day. Encourage them to dress in blue or green, the colors of organ donation, take a picture and share on social!
- Mine for stories within your organization. We suspect someone you work with has been touched in some way by organ and tissue donation and would be willing to share their story with others. Or take a look at and share some of the incredible stories on the DLPA site.
- Invite a representative from Gift of Life in Eastern PA or CORE in Western PA to speak virtually to your organization.
- Volunteer with the Center for Organ Recovery & Education, Gift of Life Donor Program, or local hospital.
Thank You to Our Partners
A special thank you to the below organizations who are partnering with us to help support the importance of organ and tissue donation on PA Donor Day.
If your organization or company is interested in participating in PA Donor Day, please fill out this form. If you are experiencing issues with the form or prefer to send contact info over email, please email DLPA@tierneyagency.com.
- ACMH Hospital
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Allegheny Health Network
- Allegheny Valley Hospital
- Berks Community Health Center Community Hero
- Commonwealth Health Systems
- Community Hero
- Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center-Lifepoint Hospital
- Conemaugh Nason Medical Center
- Doylestown Health
- Doylestown Hospital
- Evangelical Community Hospital
- Excela Health
- Grand View Health
- Help Hope Live
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Independence Blue Cross
- Jefferson Hospital
- Jefferson Northeast
- John’s Driving School and Auto Tags
- Kidney Foundation of Central Pennsylvania
- Lankenau Medical Center
- Lions Eye Bank of Delaware Valley
- Lower Bucks Hospital
- Marion Luckers Kidney Foundation
- Mark Squilla, Philadelphia Councilman
- Maternity Care Coalition
- Millcreek Community Hospital
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- MTF Biologics
- Penn Highlands Elk
- PennState Health Hershey Medical Center
- Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers
- Pennsylvania Free Masons
- Pennsylvania Hospital
- Prime Healthcare: Lower Bucks Hospital
- River Valley Health and Dental
- Saint Vincent Hospital
- St. Clair Hospital
- St. Luke’s
- St. Mary Medical Center
- Student Nurses Association at University of Pittsburgh Greensburg
- Temple University Hospital
- Termini Bros.
- The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania
- The Hospital and Health System Association of Pennsylvania (HAP)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Titusville Area Hospital
- Tower Health
- Transplant International Organization (TRIO) Philadelphia Chapter
- United Way of Pennsylvania
- Warren General Hospital
- WHYY Radio
- Wills Eye Hospital