PA Donor Day 2023
For our fourth-annual PA Donor Day, we’re challenging Pennsylvanians to come together to support organ and tissue donation and help create a unifying moment across the state where we all work to educate and encourage our family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and others to register as organ donors.
Knowing that 8 lives can be saved by just 1 organ donor, PA Donor Day will take place on August 1, 2023 (8/1/2023) and encourage Pennsylvanians to take just a moment to register, knowing they could someday save someone’s life.
PEOPLE IN PENNSYLVANIA ARE STILL WAITING FOR THEIRS
Your decision to join us will have a momentous impact on the lives of so many Pennsylvanians, many who work or live in your community. Please join us!
Want to Get Involved?
Even if you’re already a registered donor, there are plenty of ways for you to participate. Download the partner toolkit or creative assets at the bottom of the page, or see below for just a few ideas to get started:
- Register to be an organ and tissue donor and encourage your friends, family and coworkers to do the same.
- Read up and help debunk common myths and misconceptions around organ and tissue donation.
- Spread the word about the importance of organ and tissue donation with your friends and family.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Share a post on social media about why organ and tissue donation is important to you – make sure to include #PADonorDay and tag us @DonateLifePennsylvania!
- Donate to the Governor Robert P. Casey Memorial Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Trust Fund.
- Ask your employer to recognize and hold a PA Donor Day virtual event or send a simple email to your colleagues letting them know about the day. Encourage them to dress in blue or green, the colors of organ donation, take a picture and share on social!
- Mine for stories within your organization. We suspect someone you work with has been touched in some way by organ and tissue donation and would be willing to share their story with others. Or take a look at and share some of the incredible stories on the DLPA site.
- Invite a representative from Gift of Life in Eastern PA or CORE in Western PA to speak virtually to your organization.
- Volunteer with the Center for Organ Recovery & Education, Gift of Life Donor Program, or local hospital.
Thank You to Our Partners
If your organization or company is interested in participating in PA Donor Day, please email DLPA@thebravogroup.com or fill out the form below.
Patricia A. Dayhaw