Whether you say, water or wooder; prefer a trip down the shore or out to the mountains, or think soda is really called pop, we can all agree that our differences make us unique, and we’re stronger when we come together and work towards a common goal.
Knowing that just 1 person can save up to 8 lives as an organ donor, PA Donor Day will take place on January 8, 2021 (1/8/2021) and encourage Pennsylvanians to take just a moment to register, knowing they could someday save someone’s life.
We’re challenging Pennsylvanians to come together to support organ donation and help create a unifying moment across the state where we all work to educate and encourage our family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and others to register as organ donors.
PEOPLE IN PENNSYLVANIA ARE STILL WAITING FOR THEIRS
Your decision to join us will have a momentous impact on the lives of so many Pennsylvanians, many who work or live in your community. Please join us!
Want to Get Involved?
Even if you’re already a registered donor, there are plenty of ways for you to participate. See below for just a few ideas to get started:
- Register to be an organ and tissue donor and encourage your friends, family and coworkers to do the same.
- Read up and help debunk common myths and misconceptions around organ and tissue donation.
- Spread the word about the importance of organ and tissue donation with your friends and family.
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Share a post on social media about why organ and tissue donation is important to you – make sure to include #PADonorDay and tag us!
- Donate to the Governor Robert P. Casey Memorial Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Trust Fund.
- Ask your employer to recognize and hold a PA Donor Day virtual event or send a simple email to your colleagues letting them know about the day.
- Mine for stories within your organization. We suspect someone you work with has been touched in some way by organ and tissue donation and would be willing to share their story with others. Or take a look at the incredible stories on the DLPA site.
- Invite a representative from Gift of Life in Eastern PA or CORE in Western PA to speak virtually to your organization.
- Volunteer with the Center for Organ Recovery & Education, Gift of Life Donor Program, or local hospital.
Thank You to Our Partners
A special thank you to the below organizations who are partnering with us to help support the importance of organ and tissue donation on PA Donor Day. If your organization or company is interested in participating in PA Donor Day, please fill out this form. If you are experiencing issues with the form or prefer to send contact info over email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allegheny Health Network
- Armstrong Center for Medicine & Health
- Berks Community Health Center
- Berwick Hospital
- B.O.S.S. Women (Bringing our Spectacular SuperPower)
- Brandywine Hospital
- Bryn Mawr Hospital
- Carlow University
- Chester County Hospital
- Clarion Venango School of Nursing
- Community Hero
- Crozer Health
- Doylestown Health
- Drexel University Public Relations Student Society of America
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania
- Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania
- The H&H Group
- The Hospital and Health Association of Pennsylvania
- Help Hope Live
- Independence Blue Cross
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania Organ Donation Club
- Jefferson Bucks Hospital
- Jefferson Frankford Hospital
- Jefferson Health
- Jefferson Torresdale Hospital
- Jennersville Hospital
- Lankenau Medical Center
- Lehigh Valley Transplant Center
- Lions Eye Bank of the Delaware Valley
- Lower Bucks Hospital
- Main Line Health
- Marion Luckers Kidney Foundation
- Mason The Mighty Has A Kidney And A Mission
- Maternity Care Coalition
- MTF Biologics
- Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
- Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers
- Pennsylvania Freemasons
- Penn State Harrisburg Public Relations Student Society of America
- Phoenixville Hospital
- Pottstown Hospital
- Prime Healthcare
- Riddle Hospital
- River Valley Health and Dental Center
- St. Clair Hospital
- St. Mary Medical Center
- Temple University Hospital
- Tower Health
- Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic
- United Way of Pennsylvania
- University of Delaware Beta Xi Chapter of Sigma Tau Nursing Honors Society
- UPMC Carlisle
- UPMC Hanover
- UPMC Lititz
- UPMC Memorial
- UPMC Pinnacle Community Osteopathic
- UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg
- UPMC Pinnacle West Shore
- UPMC Wellsboro
- UPMC Williamsport
- Wilkes University Passan School of Nursing Student Organization (NSO)
- Youth Volunteer Corps of Greater Philadelphia